Friday, April 8, 2011

My attempt at making a fishing pole lamp.

I decided to make a trout fishing pole lamp. Why? I’m not sure why. I guess just because I can, well I think I can. To begin, I sketched out a design that I liked and then off to the home supply stores I went. I purchased an 18” round wood base, an 8’ foot long, ½ diameter tube, wood, ball, wire, a trout, a hot dog and coke. Oh yeah, I was hungry and ate the hot dog & drank the coke. I didn't eat the trout, it's wooded. I planned on using it as the big catch on the end of the pole. 

After a lot of sawing, trimming, bending, scratching my head and re-sawing, re-trimming and then assembling, it was finished. It actually works and it wasn't too hard to make. The electrical cord is hidden and runs inside of the pole which is a tube. What I like best about the lamp is that it bends over the chair to provide light on to whatever I am reading.  What do you think about the trout fishing pole lamp?    
Check it out! Click on it for a better view.

I added a red and white float and placed the light fixture on top. 

The reel is antique and I added the trout.

I think the base needs something. Maybe rocks? Hope yeah enjoy. Oh yeah, if you would love a beautiful decor map of your favorite lake, river, or bay, then check-out my website leolakes.com. Makes a treasured gift for the lake lover!



9 comments:

Jay said...

Very interesting piece. I think you did a great job.
The base could use a rock or maybe some extra tackle or a couple of trout on a stringer. Lots of possibilties.

Baitrageous said...

I am thinking the same thing just not sure what.

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I love the lamp! You did an awesome job on it. I agree the base needs a little something, something....like maybe an antique fishing net and basket? If you find a fishing basket....flip the lid and use it as a magazine holder?

Baitrageous said...

I haven't thought of the fishing net or basket. The basket would work great as a magazine rack. Thanks!

Chris said...

Work of art!

Baitrageous said...

Thanks!

Sheila camymmij@hotmail.com said...

What a neat idea and looks good too. What about that antique fishing tackle box of yours on the base or close by......for the memories. Or even a string of 'caught fish' lying there.
~Sheila~

Baitrageous said...

Good idea. The old tackle box would look great.

Unknown said...

Would have been a lot more impressive if it would have actually been a fishing rod. Sorry