Thursday, June 13, 2013

A murder in the front yard?


The other morning in the ten acre woods, it was so foggy. The leaves were damp and the woods were quiet. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.

I could hear Larry, Darrell, and Darrell far in the distance. Who is Larry, Darrell and Darrell you may ask? It's three crows that come by and look for food. 

You see, I give a few "caws" when I toss out stale bread, peanuts, crackers etc...  within five minutes, Larry, Darrell and Darrell show up.
I have been doing this for the last five weeks and its become routine. If I don't toss out some food in the morning, they come near and start "cawing." I tell my wife "there's a murder in the front yard" when they show up. That's right, a flock of crows is called a murder. Anyway, remember: Find out what's in your woods, river , lake or bay.

No comments: