Monday, April 18, 2016

Looking back

I went back to see when I started blogging. It's amazing that my first blog entry was January 7th, 2008, over eight years ago. The subject was about starting a website where folks could purchase my paintings online. The site started out being dedicated to my waterfowl painting. My lake maps were not even conceived, however 5-6 years ago I started painting lake, river and bay maps. It is interesting how things change over time and how flexible one needs to be to discover new success.

First Blog Entry: January 7th,2008
Finally, I have almost completed my web site. I have a few more items to add. The site was not as difficult to build as I thought, however I have had no experience with web building. I did 100% of the work. After about 1 week of playing around with the web program, "Expressions Web", I had the site up and running. Painting has been very limited due to the time spent on the web site. I have other paintings that I have completed and will add to the site. Currently, I am working on a Great Blue Heron fishing in a lake with cattails. The painting is almost 90% finished. Well, got to run. http://www.oldfieldstudio.com/


Check-out my maps at www.Leolakes.com. We have many popular lake maps such as the Lake Winnipesaukee, Great Sacandaga Lake, Lewis Smith Lake, Pickwick Lake, Greer's Ferry Lake, Lake Sidney Lanier, Lake Sinclair, Table Rock Lake, and Lake Wallenpaupack. Also, we paint custom maps and have personalized maps for that special someone. 

No comments: