Friday, August 26, 2011

What’s in a Hole?

Have you ever been walking around in a field or woods and KA-POW you trip in a hole? Yep, I have and it’s not fun. The first thing on your mind is—WHAT THE……. Then you realize that you’re in a deep, dark hole and there might be something in it that can bite. Hopefully it’s only your foot and not your leg or even worse, your whole body that falls in. Now this is not a fairy tale like Alice in Wonderland and I am not Johnny Depp, but your mind does go crazy for a second when you fall in. This got me to thinking “What’s in a hole?”  So, I set out on an adventure to find out “What is in a hole”. 



Obviously there are more holes in the country than the city, right? In the Ten Acre Woods where I live, there are lots of holes, but I wanted the perfect hole with a creature living in it. After a long search over the Tennessee hills and in the hollows, I found the ideal hole. You may or may not ask—what is the ideal hole? Simple, it’s big and there are signs of activity around the opening. I know, I know, you think I’m crazy but come on you’ve looked at a hole before and wondered what’s in there, right.  
How do you take a photo of the animal in a hole? It’s a job for “Critter Cam” (CC) my motion detection camera. I set up CC near the hole, turned it on, and waited. Hopefully in the next few days we will know “What’s in the Hole”. I have added a “What’s in the Hole” list of possible animals on the left side of this page.  PLEASE TAKE A GUESS and let’s see who’s a master of the domain. I told wifery that I might sell t-shirts that say “Ask me what’s in the hole” but she said NO! NO! And Oh NO! Hey, you just don’t get this stuff on Nat Geo or Animal Plant only here at OFS. Stay tuned for……………
REALLY SICK CAT UP-DATE- Our cat with Bobcat tick disease (See past post for full story) seems to be doing better? He is eating and drinking water. We have seen him cleaning himself, rolling on the ground, and chasing a butterfly, all good signs but he is not out of the woods. Unfortunately,  we think our other outdoor cat has likely succumbed to this disease because we haven’t seen her in 3 weeks. RIP Keeble! Also we have two indoor cats that are loved by our teens. Currently, they do not have the disease. I can say that if these cats got the disease, it would be a very sad place around here. Wish us luck! 
    

2 comments:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

hahah, you are killing me! I think you may have to much time on your hands ;)

Baitrageous said...

Thanks, Biscuit and yes I do!