Thursday, May 30, 2013

Santa Rosa Island Art

I just finished this painting of beautiful Santa Rosa Island and Santa Rosa Sound. I remember the family vacation to this area when I was just a kid. We actually camped at Fort Pickens State Park. While there I exploded the island, which was very exciting to me because it was my first time to the sea. One time, I came upon a very large ant hill and saw many ant going in and out. I sensed that I should not disturb them. Lucky for me, I now believe they were fire ants.

Any way, I have fond memories of Santa Rosa Island, so I painted this decor map of the area. If you look closely, you may see a mermaid near Gulf Breeze. I like to hide things in the water of my paintings. Checkout my website at
www.leolakes.com for more beautiful river, lake and bay art. Great for the beach house or gifts. Many sizes to choose from and comes on canvas.



No comments: