Friday, September 15, 2017

Custom Lake, River and Bay maps for the lake house.

I totally enjoy doing maps. I did this custom map a few weeks ago of a lake in Maine for a couple who have a new cabin located on the lake. Unfortunately, I will never get to see most of the lakes that I paint. However, while painting this lake, I visualized what I think the lake looks like, water as smooth as glass, old pickup trucks, dogs, smoky chimneys, and the honk of geese flying over. The more that I think about it, when I paint a lake, river and bay, I see my own fond memories reflected in the map. 

I been doing maps for seven years, I have painted a lot of maps, talked to a lot of customers, and the things that I have found, folks love their lake and are building fond memories. Here's an email comment that a customer sent me after she recieved her custom maps.


Customer Comment
"Larry, thank you so much! We love our beautiful map!!!!!! It is an amazing piece for our new cabin in Maine. My husband found the mermaid, I have not yet. He loves mermaids. Thanks again, Keep up the good work. We might be ordering another from you for Richmond Creek in Peconic NY, where we live now." 

I take a lot of care painting my maps and have put a great deal of thought into their design. You will find much waterfowl around the lake such as eagles, osprey, cranes, and my favorite, the great blue heron. Also, I added a couple of fish, jumping around to add some interesting detail. In fact, I always hide a tiny mermaid to the waters of all my lake map paintings that folks love to search for. 

If you would like to see more and read about my treasured maps go to LeoLakes.com


Remember: Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream.


Welcome to my studio



No comments: