Monday, September 19, 2011

Reel Singing in Nashville!

I think of Old Hickory Lake located near Nashville, as the music lake. Why, you may ask? Because Old Hickory has been known as a home for Country Music Star's. In fact, Johnny Cash's home was located on the lake until it burned a few years ago.
I hope to hear the music of my reel singing because of a big fat bass on my hook. Me and Buttermilk my fishing buddy, fished a small cove on Old Hickory lake Saturday.
The weather was perfect (66 degrees, partly cloudy and calm) which should make for a great day of fishing. Our plan was to paddle around the cove in our kayaks and catch a few Bass. We arrived at Rockland around 6:20 am. Below you can see Buttermilk giving it his all.
We were near the Old Hickory Lock and dam so I took this photo to give you an idea of the dam.
Unfortunately, fishing was difficult and I didn't catch a fish. I tried every lure in my tackle box but no luck. Buttermilk did happen to catch one little old bream after about 3-1/2 hours of fishing.  
Since the fishing wasn't good, I decided to take a few pictures of the lake and wildlife.
























 
I didn't hear any reel singing on this day, but a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. Hey, want a little bait humor, then check out my outrageous cartoons on the top tab. Hope you enjoyed. Hey checkout my Lake decor maps, Great gift for the lake lover www.LeoLakes.com
 
What's in your woods, river, lake, or bay? Get away from the big screen and get on a big stream!


No comments: