Saturday, July 31, 2021

How to display an antique outboard motor

 I have 1946 Western Auto Wizard outboard motor that I inherited from my dad. I've been working on how to display the motor. I keep a lot of old stuff like, paddles, floats, lures, etc... and thought that it would look good next to the maps. in this photo you can see the motor on the floor.



The major question: What to build to support the motor? My idea is to build a 2ft x 3ft up-right panel with legs and add a drawing showing the underwater with a boat on the surface. 
Here's the background that I used. I added a few bass, catfish, and bream. 

I finally placed the outboard motor on to the support and I wasn't impressed. After all this work, I don't like it. The motor is too big, the background is too cartoony, and it looks odd. So, back to the drawing board. I'm now thinking that a pipe with legs may be better, less background showing and more motor.   


Stay tuned, I will be working on a new support in the future, but for now this support is going into the trash. Hey, paddle over to map website to see some beautiful Lake maps. 

I have maps of Lake Winnipesaukee, Table Rock Lake, Greers Ferry, Lake Lanier, Gaston Lake, Choctawhatchee Bay, Toledo Bend, Raystown, and many others. Oh yeah, I hide a tiny fish in the waters of all my maps that folks love to search for. Find out more interesting facts about my treasured maps by going to LeoLakes.com





No comments: